New guidance from the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) – To achieve nature positive, businesses need to understand their impacts and dependencies on nature, manage their nature-related risks and embed the value of nature into their decision making to identify and implement opportunities that contribute towards the nature positive global goal.
The Pilot Programme, launched in January. Stay tuned for updates!
The aims of the pilot programme are:
- To assess the available frameworks, methods and tools to help Irish businesses understand their impacts and dependencies on nature and biodiversity
- To help business understand what is happening within their value chain
- To assist with the creation and implementation of meaningful biodiversity strategies
- To support businesses in applying appropriate tools and methods
Eco- Friendly Web Alliance Accredited
Business For Biodiversity Ireland Follow
Supporting Irish businesses to take action for biodiversity - seed-funded by Government of Ireland #JoinTheEvolution #ForNature #BizBioIrl
Packed diary @The_VQ_Cork:
- Green Network @DockPenrose with @BizBioIrl & @Nathan_Trust
- Hatching plans with @thedeanirl
- VQ retail think-tank led by @FitzKatherine
- @SmartCork data meeting
- @corkcitycouncil docklands consultation
- @CobhHarCham breakfast
Registrations open tomorrow at 9am for our next #SDGs National Stakeholder Forum, taking place on 1 March 2024.
The forum will focus on the key role business plays in achieving the SDGs.
Find out more: https://www.gov.ie/en/policy-information/ff4201-17-sustainable-development-goals/?referrer=https://www.gov.ie/sdgs/#sdg-national-stakeholder-forum
EU postpones certain CSRD aspects for 2 years due to business opposition, per Bloomberg. While most of CSRD is active post-ESRS approval in 2023, sector-specific disclosures delayed until June 2026.
Read more here: https://bit.ly/49FLa9e
#EU #CSRD #ESRS #business #regulations